What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to the user by the website visited. They are stored on computer hard disk, thus allowing the website to recognize users and store certain information about them, to enable or improve the service offered.
There are different types of cookies. Some are necessary to navigate the Website, others have different purposes such as ensuring internal security, system administration tasks, perform statistical analysis, to understand what are the sections of the Website that matter most to users or offer a personalized visit of the Website.
The Website uses technical cookies and not profiling. Through the Website are installed third-party cookies (for details, please see below). The foregoing relates to both the user's computer and to any other device that he can use to connect to the Website.
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide the service.
They are not used for other purposes and are usually installed by the owner or operator of the website.
They can be divided into:
- navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate for access to restricted areas);
- analytics cookies, similar to cookies where engineers used directly by the website operator to collect information, in aggregate, the number of users and how they visit the website;
- functional cookies, that allow the user browsing function of a set of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same.
Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the Website and prevent to benefit in full of features and services on the Website. To decide what you accept or reject, it is shown below a description of cookies used on the Website.
Type of cookies used
- First Party cookies
- The first party cookies (ie cookies that belong to the publisher's website that created them) are set by the website visited by the user, whose address appears in the URL window. The use of these cookies allows us to run the website efficiently and to track patterns of behavior of visitors.
- Third-Party cookies
- The third-party cookies are set by a domain different from that the user visits. If a user visits a website and a different company sends the information using that website, you are in the presence of third party cookies.
- Session cookies
- Persistent cookies
- Persistent cookies are stored on the user device between the sessions of the browser, allowing to remember your preferences or user actions in a website. They can be used for different purposes, for example to remember the preferences and choices when using the website.
- Essential cookies
- These cookies are necessary for the operations of the Website. Without the use of such cookies some parts of the website will not function. They include, for example, cookies that enable access to protected areas of the website. These cookies do not collect information for marketing purposes and can not be disabled.
- Functional cookies
- These cookies are used to recognize a user who returns to the website. They allow you to customize the content and remember your preferences (for example, the selected language or region). These cookies do not collect information that can identify you. All information gathered is anonymous.
- Cookies sharing on social networks
- These cookies facilitate the sharing of website content through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. To view the respective privacy policies and cookies you can visit the websites of social networks. In the case of Facebook and Twitter, you can visit www.facebook.com/help/cookies and twitter.com/privacy.
A number of our pages use technical cookies, for example to manage and remember:
- users authentication;
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size;
- if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won't be asked again);
The following third party cookies are also used on our pages:
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this website may not work as intended.
How to control cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but the user can usually change your settings to disable this function. You can block all kinds of cookies, or agree to receive only some and disable the other. The “Options” or “Preferences” menu of the browser allows you to avoid receiving cookies and other tracking technologies user, and how to get notification from the browser of the activation of these technologies. Alternatively, you can also refer to the “Help” toolbar present in most browsers.
Many browsers have specific extensions to manage cookies.
You can also select the browser you use from the list below and follow the instructions:
From mobile device:
To learn more about cookies and to manage preferences about cookies (first and/or third party) users are invited to visit the platform www.youronlinechoices.com. But please note that disabling navigation or functional cookies can cause malfunction of the Website.